Condo Security Services Toronto
What Is a Condo Security
A condo security is a security company that operates in the condo sector. Condominium security guard are responsible for the safety of the condominium building. They are hired to keep the common areas of the condominium clean, safe and secure.
The main purpose of hiring a condo security service provider is to ensure your property’s safety from intruders or any other unwanted visitors. The services offered by these companies include:
Access control system
CCTV surveillance systems
Fire alarm systems
Alarm response teams
Keyless entry access
Building management software
Video recording equipment
Other related services
Why Hire A Condo Security Service Provider?
There are many reasons why you should hire a condo security service provider. Some of them are listed below:
1) You can be assured that your home will always remain protected at all times. This means that no matter what time it is, there will always be someone watching over your place.
2) Your investment will not go down because if anything happens to your house then you have an insurance policy which covers this situation.
3) If something does happen to your house, you don't need to worry about paying out money on repairs as they would already be covered under your insurance policy.
4) It's easy to find a good condo security service provider who offers affordable rates.
5) There are different types of condos available today such as townhouses, apartments, duplexes etc.
Condos tend to employ security guards to patrol the grounds surrounding the buildings. Yes, condo security guards protect the building and all of the people and valuables inside. Most condo buildings provide security services, and if yours doesn't you might be able to hire your own. Condominiums do not require security guards by law, however many communities hire security guards to keep an eye on the building and their residents.
Security Guard Responsibilities
As mentioned above, most condo owners choose to hire private security guards instead of using municipal police officers. Private security guards work independently of local authorities and therefore cannot enforce laws outside of their jurisdiction. In addition, some states prohibit private security guards from carrying firearms. Therefore, when working with a private security firm, you must make sure that he has proper credentials before allowing him into your premises.
In order to become licensed, security guards undergo extensive background checks, fingerprinting, drug testing, physical exams, psychological evaluations, and criminal record searches. Once approved, they receive specialized training and certification through various organizations including the National Association of Professional Protection Officers.
Some of the duties performed by security guards include patrolling the perimeter of the community, responding to alarms, investigating suspicious activity, providing assistance to members of the public, escorting guests, maintaining records, performing routine inspections, and conducting random audits.
How Do I Find Good Condo Security Companies?
Finding a reputable condo security service provider isn't difficult. All you need to do is ask around among friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, and business associates. Ask them where they recommend you get your condo security needs met. Also, check online reviews sites like Yelp, Google, Angie's List, and others. These websites allow consumers to post honest feedback regarding the quality of products and services provided by businesses
How Do You Secure a Condo
Condos are many times a target for break-ins. To prevent this from happening, you should have a property management company at your condo perform security audits at least once a year. Condos are a very popular living option in Toronto, but they do have a few less-obvious security issues. The community association is responsible for ensuring the building is safe, so it may be a good idea to talk to your association before taking any further steps.
The first step would be to contact your condominium board or manager about having someone come out to inspect the exterior of your unit. This will help ensure there aren’t any holes in the walls or windows which could lead to entry points. If you notice anything unusual while walking around the complex, such as broken glass or missing doors, call 911 immediately. It is important to note that even though condos can look secure, they still pose risks because they are built up high off the ground.
If you decide to take matters into your hands, here are some tips:
1) Make sure your door locks properly. A deadbolt lock is best, but a chain link fence type lock also works well.
2) Install window bars over each window. They don’t cost much and they offer great protection against intruders.
3) Keep your blinds closed during daylight hours.
4) Don’t leave lights on overnight.
5) Use motion sensors to turn on interior lighting only when necessary.
6) Have a neighbor watch your place after dark.
7) Consider installing peepholes in every room.
8) Place a sign near your front door stating “No Trespassing!”
9) Lock your patio doors.
10) Be careful who enters your home. Only let trusted individuals enter your house.
11) Never give anyone access to your personal information without permission.
12) Always use strong passwords.